Saturday, January 2, 2010

Negative Nancy Coming Out To Play!

1-2-2009
Left overs for lunch
Mexican Chicken for dinner
Chocolate Chocolate Chip banana bread

You are going to her me complain about Minnesota on this blog. A LOT. I have pretty much hated it since the day we moved here over 18 years ago.

Today my rant is about the weather. It's effing freezing right now. And has been for 2 days. And will be for the next... oh... 4 freaking months. Now normally I hibernate this time of year with lots of movies and tv and an amazing amount of blankets and I only go out when I need to. However this year is different. I started my hibernation in the summer. When I was too huge to go anywhere. And this summer was cold by the way. I was 7 months pregnant in July with a hoodie on. Ridiculous. But I digress. I have been pretty much house bound for 6 months and I feel like I'm going to loose my mind and here's why... there is NO WAY I'm taking T out in this crap.

So D has tickets to tomorrows Vikings game. He is going with our brother in law and is leaving me the car (we only have one car. D works across the street and we have never needed 2 cars). So I'm thinking, awesome! I need to get some groceries, maybe T and I can stop by my sisters. And then I realize... the high is going to be 2. That's right, 2. Even if I bundle T up in long sleeves and jackets, snow suits and the snugglie, I have to go in and out and she will be hot then cold then hot again. Not worth it! Not to mention her poor 10 week old skin is already dry with 3 humidifiers going at all times. Even today I fed her at 1pm, then she fell asleep and that's when I went to the store. On my shopping excursion I actually felt sad. My life now consists of getting all of my errands done in between naps when D is home. I know a lot of people are going to say that I can and should take her out but honestly, I just can't do it. I hate this time of year and I don't want to expose her to my reasons why. If this were spring or summer or fall, I would have no problem taking her anywhere infact I would welcome it. But alas... we live in a frozen tundra with my daughter having little to no chance of being outdoors for at least 3 months!

On a happier note, I made a kick BUTT chocolate chocolate chip banana bread (new years resolution is to stop swearing...it's quite hard for this potty mouth mama) today. Super easy recipe that didn't require a mixer! Give me a shout if you want the recipe!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't blame you for not going out! I wouldn't. That's too cold!